[p][a href="https://www.flashscore.ca/player/neymar/jNOPwl3h/"]Neymar[/a] was left out after the 34-year-old missed a recent [a href="https://www.flashscore.ca/team/santos/n3QdnjFB/"]Santos FC[/a] match with muscle fatigue - a game Ancelotti had planned to watch in person as part of his assessment ahead of naming the squad.[/p][p]"Right now we have to talk about those who are here, who played, who gave everything, who showed character, who worked very hard. And I am satisfied," Ancelotti told reporters.[/p][p]"[b]I think [a href="https://www.flashscore.ca/player/raphinha/xtBsDPam/"]Raphinha[/a] played very well. He had some muscle discomfort at the end of the first half and we had to substitute him, but he had many opportunities and very good movement off the ball[/b].[/p][p]"[b]And [a href="https://www.flashscore.ca/player/vinicius-junior/CbwQ4Mws/"]Vini[/a] (Vinicius Jr.) always tries; he always makes the difference. A striker cannot always score, but the work done by both of them was good[/b]."[/p][embed guid="ea1700ff-028b-4489-a8d5-d5eef2d2bde1" url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApjQmxuW5jA" social-type="youtube" /][p]Neymar, [a href="https://www.flashscore.ca/team/brazil/I9l9aqLq/"]Brazil[/a]'s all-time leading scorer with 79 goals, has not played for the national team since suffering a serious knee injury in October 2023 and has struggled to maintain a consistent run of matches since returning to Santos last year.[/p][p]Ancelotti has repeatedly said the forward will be considered if he is fully fit. Despite the defeat and Neymar's absence, the Italian said the performance reinforced his belief in the squad's potential.[/p][p]"[b]I think today's game makes it very clear to me that we can compete with the best teams in the world. I have no doubt about that[/b]," Ancelotti said.[/p][p]Brazil will next face [a href="https://www.flashscore.ca/team/croatia/K8aznggo/"]Croatia[/a] on March 31st in Orlando ahead of the June 11th to July 19th World Cup in North America.[/p][p][b][a href="https://www.flashscore.ca/game/soccer/brazil-I9l9aqLq/france-QkGeVG1n/?mid=few9ITN7"]Check out stats from the match here[/a][/b][/p]
Carlo Ancelotti shrugs off Neymar chants after Brazil suffer defeat to France
Brazil manager Carlo Ancelotti played down fans' chants for Neymar, who was not selected for the squad, after their 2‑1 defeat to France in a warm‑up game in Boston on Thursday, saying the focus should remain on the players involved.
Related stories
⚽ Football
New
Gnistan come from behind to beat Ilves and edge closer to Championship Group
Anthony Tomas
⚽ Football
New
Brondby claim hard-fought win against Sonderjyske to recapture top spot in Superliga
Svend Bertil Frandsen
⚽ Football
New
Thousands of Cameroon fans gather in Yaounde to celebrate maiden WAFCON title
AFP
⚽ Football
New
Former Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi joins Saudi team Abha on free transfer
Reuters
⚽ Football
New
Premier League 2026/27 season preview: Will Arsenal go back-to-back?
Ali Pollock
⚽ Football
New
Coventry complete signing of Nigeria striker Taiwo Awoniyi from Nottingham Forest
AFP